Just sending a quick and easy recipe your way. I used my cup of vanilla Maia yogurt for this cake (don't forget to enter!), and it was just so deliciously moist and absolutely wonderful. Much less sweet than a regular cake, it would be perfect served alongside coffee. And the moisture...oh gosh, as it sits over a couple of days, this cake takes on a texture that is almost like cheesecake. Divine.
White Peach Yogurt Cake
4 small, ripe white peaches (makes 1 1/2 cups prepared)
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp palm sugar
1/2 cup (vegan) butter
1 6 oz. cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a pie dish, or large cake pan. Peel and slice the peaches, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside.
2. Mix the flour, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat 1/4 cup of the sugar and the butter together. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. On low, mix in the flour mixture in three parts and the yogurt in two, alternating between the two and beginning and ending with the flour mixture. The batter will be quite thick at this point.
4. Gently fold in the peaches, then pour into the pie dish and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tbsp of sugar.
5. Bake 40-60 minutes. An inserted toothpick should come out clean, and there should be no runny moisture on top. If your pie dish is clear, you can also peek at the sides and bottom, which should be light brown.